Shaping the future of further education – delivering a stronger, greener, and fairer Wales
ColegauCymru Annual Conference 2023
** TICKETS SOLD OUT **
ColegauCymru is delighted to announce the return of our Annual Conference which will take place on 12 October 2023 at the Hilton Hotel, Cardiff.
With a packed agenda, the Conference promises to bring together key stakeholders, educators and industry leaders, from across Wales and beyond to demonstrate the value of further education. We’ll reflect on learnings from a challenging period but will also look to the future, exploring the remit of Welsh Government plans to overhaul the way in which post-16 education is governed and delivered in Wales, in line with their ambitious plans for a stronger, greener and fairer Wales.
We’re pleased to announce that the Minister for Education and Welsh Language will deliver our keynote address. Jeremy Miles MS was appointed as Minister in 2021, and has a wide-ranging portfolio spanning further education, tertiary education including post-16 reform, the Welsh language, and education workforce training and development.
We’re delighted to announce City & Guilds as Headline Sponsors for the Conference.
The Conference will also feature speakers who will look at a range of challenges and opportunities facing the sector in the short to medium term.
- Simon Pirotte, Chief Executive, Commission for Tertiary Education and Research
- Rocio Cifuentes, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Orla Tarn, President, NUS Wales
- Gwyneth Sweatman, Head of Public Affairs, Federation of Small Businesses
- Professor Richard Wyn Jones, Director, Cardiff University Wales Governance Centre
- Sian Cartwright, National Officer for Learning and Skills, Wales TUC Cymru
- Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive, Belfast Metropolitan College
There will also be contributions from Estyn and Learning & Work Institute Wales.
The Conference will see us hosting several breakout sessions in areas including:
- Equality and Diversity – Looking towards an Anti-Racist Wales 2030
- Building a vocational education strategy for Wales
- Shaping a bilingual future for further education
- Active Wellbeing in FE: Active Colleges – Active Lives – Active Wales
- Tackling peer-on-peer sexual harassment in further education
- New Futures Wales: Supporting women into tech
- How international visits and partnerships can enhance and enrich learning and teaching across the sector
- Navigating the opportunities and challenges of Artificial Intelligence in colleges
Sponsors and Exhibition Space
The day will also provide ample opportunity for delegates to visit our exhibition space to network and build relationships.
** TICKETS SOLD OUT **
An email will be sent with the booking link to those we have already contacted. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email Rachel.Rimanti@ColegauCymru.ac.uk
We look forward to welcoming colleagues from across Wales and beyond in October.
Further information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please contact us with any questions. Rachel.Rimanti@ColegauCymru.ac.uk
We have several sponsorship opportunities available. Please contact Amy.Evans@ColegauCymru.ac.uk to discuss.